| || || |
| Lung Cancer |
Answered by: Susan Eagles
Question from: Not Given
Posted on: July 21, 1998
Which herbs will cure or keep under control lung cancer? My friend is getting taxol and carboplatin but the mass is not getting smaller. Please advice what kind of herbs he should purchase in his case.
Herbalists cannot treat cancer, but can advise on how to relieve symptoms. Cancer patients must remain under the care of their doctor.
Herbs that may be used are:
* Ephedra or Lobelia inflata to keep the bronchial tubes open to assist breathing
* Red Clover and Poke Root (Phytolacca americana) to help cleanse the lymphatics by which cancer is spread to other parts of the body.
* Gotu Kola is a blood tonic and detoxifier used in Aurvedic medicine for a wide range of diseases including tumours.
* Yarrow improves the blood circulation, the digestion and is relaxing.
* Violet leaves are analgesic for pain, especially in lung cancer. They are also anti-septic, and reportedly anti-cancer.
* White Horehound (Marrubium vulgare) is an expectorant and antispasmodic to relieve lung congestion and cough.
* Echinacea stimulates the immune system.
* Black Horehound relieves vomiting if this is a side effect of chemotherapy.
As well as any remedies taken, it is equally important that the diet is free form all toxins to the system, including food additives, colourings and preservatives. Only organic, whole foods should be eaten, with an emphasis on fresh fruit and vegetables. Counseling, support groups and exercise should be included to relieve stress and tension which will exacerbate the disease. Chamomile tea can be used as a relaxant as well as a digestive aid and relieving nauseous effects of chemotherapy. It is important that the cancer patient is supported to take part in his own diet and exercise therapy as a way of developing a feeling of control over his body that may lessen the fear.