Milk Thistle
Answered by: Susan Eagles
Question from: Name not given
Posted on: February 24, 1999

Do some people itch and break with red spots after take milk thistle and if we continue to take it will it go away? We really want to take it.

This could be an allergic reaction, in which case you should stop taking it, or it could be a sign that your body is detoxifying through the skin, in which case you should decrease the dosage to slow down the process and encourage other means of elimination.

Milk thistle is a powerful detoxifier. Toxins are eliminated through the skin, kidneys and bowels. Drinking eight glasses of water daily and eating lots of fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains and pulses (lentils, beans etc.) will encourage other means of elimination.

Back to Medicinal Herbs and Their Uses | Q & A Index

Copyright © 1997-2019 Otto Richter and Sons Limited. All rights reserved.