| || || |
| Menopause and Ischaemic Heart |
Answered by: Susan Eagles
Question from: Laura
Posted on: March 22, 1999
I was put on Estrace for my menopause. It started too make my heart beat faster. I have had breast cancer and radical hysterectomy. I have put myself on Flax seed oil, CoQ10, Fema Max, St. John’s Wort and Progesterone Cream, but my hot flashes are still there and my face and neck stay flushed. I am also run down and get very sick to my stomach. I am an active person 51 years old, maybe 15 pounds overweight, which has come on since I have been on estrogen. My heart problem is small veins - they say they are like an 8 year old child’s. The left side is normal. I keep nitroglycerin on me to stop pain.
Your health care provider should be informed of the herbs and vitamins you are taking.
You might want to look into the following herbs:
* Hawthorn (Crataegus oxyacanthoides) is supportive of the heart
* Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) improves blood circulation to help reduce hot flashes
* Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) is relaxing and calms the digestive system
* Motherwort (Leonuris cardiaca) is a relaxing heart tonic, often effective with hot flashes
* Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) is relaxing and usually effective with hot flashes.
For more information on menopause, please go to our website at http://www.richters.com, select the Q&A area, then choose "Search Richters Q and A" and enter the word menopause for the search.