Sexual Stimulant for Husband
Answered by: Conrad Richter
Question from: No Name Given
Posted on: January 27, 2002

I need for my husband a sexual stimulant. We bought honey goat root but it is very bitter. Is there anything that we can mix it with so that it isn’t as bitter? Or if I can buy a good honey tea so that we can have a great sex life?

I don’t know "honey goat root" so I can’t comment specifically about it. I did note that there were quite a few typographical errors in your message (which have been corrected as much as we can) so I wonder if you are referring to horny goat seed, or what we call "tribulus" (Tribulus terrestris) in our catalogue. Tribulus is used as a male aphrodisiac said to stimulate testosterone production in men. Testosterone is a hormone that controls sexual desire in men among other effects.

You can read more about tribulus and other herbal aphrodisiacs in my article "The Search for a Herbal Viagra" in the Magazine Rack section of our website (

In general, it is safe to add honey or fruit juices to try to take the edge off bitter herbal medicines. In your husband’s case, we cannot be completely sure because we don’t know exactly what it is your husband is taking. We suggest that your husband discuss this with his doctor.

The doctor said that when men get 40 the tend to slow down. Is this true?

Yes, it is true. In most men testosterone production by the testes diminishes with age. This can decrease sexual desire or performance. Herbs such as tribulus can help to restore testosterone levels.

Back to Medicinal Herbs and Their Uses | Q & A Index

Copyright © 1997-2024 Otto Richter and Sons Limited. All rights reserved.