Answered by: Susan Eagles
Question from: Name not given
Posted on: May 28, 2003

I’m a 34-yr. old who was diagnosed with six fibroids in 2000. Having children is not a big deal, but my husband & I might change our minds in the future. The fibroids have grown tremendously in 3 yrs. The Dr. has been checking them every 6 moths. My Dr. suggests removing them, but I’d rather not. They don’t really bother me. Every now and then, I feel pain, have to urinate or have bowel issues, but I can live with it. Please give your suggestions as to what I should do and suggests any Herbal Dr’s in the Landover, MD area.

I recommend that you consult with a natural practitioner. The practitioner will try to identify the underlying cause for your fibroids. You will benefit in the long run by correcting any imbalances that may be causing the fibroids, and improving the health of your uterus through natural health methods.

Please contact the American Herbalists Guild for a qualified and experienced herbalist in your area. You can find their web page at Select "Professional Member List" from the menu bar on the left side of the screen, and then enter your state where indicated. Or you can contact the AHG by phone: (770) 751-6021, fax: (770) 751-7472 or email:

Back to Medicinal Herbs and Their Uses | Q & A Index

Copyright © 1997-2024 Otto Richter and Sons Limited. All rights reserved.