Are You Taking Long Distance Patients?
Answered by: Susan Eagles
Question from: Lupe
Posted on: August 27, 2004

First, thank you for always answering my questions and helping me out.

My little boy is 6-1/2 and has asthma and is allergic to gluten, dairy, soy, and garlic. We are constantly battling eczema. He has it bad on his scalp and his little hands. I’m so nervous about applying medicated creams on his skin so I usually apply cocoa butter on his body and chamomile baby oil on his scalp and shampoo his hair alternating between Selsum Blue and Head & Shoulders followed by a conditioner. I’ve had to apply strong cortisone creams on his fingers!

I’m wondering if taking him to a Chinese doctor will help. I live in Queens, New York. We’re close to Manhattan. How can I find a good reputable Chinese Doctor? Please help.

Yes, a consultation with an experienced natural practitioner will be more beneficial than trying many herbs and diets without professional assistance. You can find a Chinese doctor through the American Association of Oriental Medicine: Ask the organization if they can recommend a doctor in your area with experience in children’s allergies. You can find the websites for herbalist and naturopathic organizations on our website at Choose "Q&A" from the main menu, then enter "Finding a Herbalist" for the search.

One more question: Any way that you can take on a long distance patient?

I am not currently doing phone or email consultations.

Back to Medicinal Herbs and Their Uses | Q & A Index

Copyright © 1997-2023 Otto Richter and Sons Limited. All rights reserved.