Adult Ear Infections
Answered by: Susan Eagles
Question from: Pamela
Posted on: June 02, 2006

What can be done for a 27 year old with a possible ear infection? He says that his throat was itching. Now it’s not, but his ear was muffled and he stuck a q-tip in it. Now his ear is totally muffled. I was thinking that he possibly pushed wax down and blocked the canal. I told him to gargle with peroxide, and to keep his ears clean, without the use of the q-tip. Can you please suggest some remedy. I was thinking witch hazel?

Your 27 year old should consult a medical practitioner to see what the problem is. To avoid permanent hearing loss, it is important that the ears are examined professionally.

Garlic oil can be used in the ear as an anti-infective. Please see our website Choose "Q&A" from the main menu, then enter "ear problem" for the search.

Back to Medicinal Herbs and Their Uses | Q & A Index

Copyright © 1997-2023 Otto Richter and Sons Limited. All rights reserved.