Complex Health Problems
Answered by: Susan Eagles
Question from: Sherman
Posted on: July 11, 2007

I think I have the symptoms of Sjogrens Syndrome. I am 58 years old, and recently had an operation for diverticulitis that had fistulated to my bladder and it caused a hole in my bladder. The past two years I have been on and off antibiotics, which weakened my immune system. I have been told I have arthritis in my upper back, my thyroid is underactive, and I have several of the dryness symtoms. I am trying to only use herbal remedies and food sources to control this problem. I also have high blood pressure, (I am not taking the prescription medication). Can you give me some advice?

I advise you consult with a qualified natural health practitioner, such as a medical or clinical herbalist or a naturopath, who is experienced in working with autoimmune conditions. You are likely damaging your health by allowing these conditions to go untreated. A good practitioner will give you specific advice on diets, herbs and supplements according to the indications of your health assessment, and follow up to ensure that your condition is improving. It is not possible to recommend beneficial herbs and diet without a full assessment.

Back to Medicinal Herbs and Their Uses | Q & A Index

Copyright © 1997-2023 Otto Richter and Sons Limited. All rights reserved.