Balm of Gilead for Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Answered by: Susan Eagles
Question from: Andrea
Posted on: August 20, 2007

I’m a little confused about purchasing the balm of gilead. I was reading an article that says that there a three different sources from where it comes from. I have anklysoing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis and I was told to buy this balm cream and/or ointment for my inflamation. Is the cream used for inflamation? Right now I am on Humira injections, steriods and methotrexate (oral chemo) and it’s just not working. I’m desperate for some kind of answer and really would appreciate it if you could tell me what to buy and where to purchase it.

Yes, a cream, ointment or oil of Balm of Gilead is used to improve circulation to the joints and reduce pain. For information on the types of balm of Gilead, please see the Q&A section of our website Choose Q&A from the main menu, then enter "Gilead" for the Q&A search.

I suggest that you try Herbalist & Alchemist ( for a top quality product. Although their catalogue does not list an ointment containing only balm of Gilead, I recommend that you contact the Herbalist & Alchemist herbalist, David Winston, the enquire whether he recommends the balm of Gilead product he does have for your condition.

Back to Medicinal Herbs and Their Uses | Q & A Index

Copyright © 1997-2023 Otto Richter and Sons Limited. All rights reserved.