- No matter where you live, we can deliver herbs to your door safely!
About Richters’ unique plant shipping system:
"I received my shipment of six potted plants from you several weeks ago, and I felt that I could wait no longer in writing to you and complimenting you not only on the health of the plants in general, but the ingenious box that you have come up with to ensure their safe arrival to their new place of residence. How to reach us:
I must confess that I have ordered plants through the mail before, and have never been very satisfied with the results.
Imagine the shock I got when I opened up the box and saw such lovely, green, healthy plants! They were even blooming, and didn’t seem to have suffered whatsoever from their sojourn through the mail! I was astounded by the ease in which they adapted to being placed outside in the shade, and then into the garden! There were no signs of setback whatsoever! As a matter of fact, as soon as they got transplanted, they took off, and are lovelier than I could have ever possibly hoped for!"
- Mrs. L.D., Gilbert Plains, Manitoba.
How to order: About order minimums.
- Tel: +1-800-668-4372 or +1-905-640-6677
- Fax: +1-905-640-6641
- Email: Please use email form
- Mail: Richters, 357 Highway 47, Goodwood, Ontario, L0C 1A0, Canada.
- Potted plants: minimum order 6 plants
- Colosso Plants: minimum order 2 plants
- Plug packs: minimum order 2 packs
- NO MINIMUMS on all other retail orders! Order as few as one packet of seeds!
About shipping charges. About delivery.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Canadian residents will be invoiced in Canadian dollars; U.S. residents will be charged in U.S. dollars; all other residents will be charged in U.S. dollars.
- Credit cards will be charged in Canadian or U.S. dollars and converted to your currency (if not Canadian or U.S. dollars) at the prevailing exchange rate.
- The online catalogue displays approximate equivalents in other major world currencies.
- Seeds are generally shipped by lettermail if possible. Larger packages are shipped by surface parcel post or surface small packet.
- Plants, plug packs and plug trays by Xpresspost in Canada, and by UPS in the U.S.
- All other items such as books, dried herbs, and gardening supplies are shipped by surface mail.
- Rush orders can be shipped by faster means at cost if paid by credit card; mark "RUSH".
- Seasonal items, such as bulbs, tubers, rootlets, mushroom kits, should be ordered early. For example, "fall" items should be ordered by July, "spring" items by March.
- We cannot ship perishable items, such as plants, bulbs, etc. until our weather permits. This may not coincide with the season elsewhere: in parts of British Columbia or the United States, for example. Because of sheer volume in spring, some plant orders may not be shipped until early June. If you wish to specify an earlier shipping date on your order, we will try to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee that date.
- Most plant and plug tray shipments to U.S. destinations will be shipped from Buffalo, NY. We take care of all customs fees and paperwork free-of-charge. All U.S. plant shipments are government inspected and come with a phytosanitary certificate provided free-of-charge.
About international plant shipments.
We no longer ship plants outside Canada and the United States. The burden of complying with a myriad of plant quarantine regulations, plus the excessive cost of express shipping, no longer makes it sensible to ship live plants outside North America. Of course, we continue to ship most other products worldwide, including seeds, dried herbs, books and more.
About commercial orders.
- All items are sold at net list prices only.
- While we endeavour to supply only the highest quality bulk seeds, no warranty concerning the identity, germination, or productiveness of seeds sold is expressed or implied. Any remedy, if applicable, shall be limited to the purchase price of goods or services supplied.
- All handling, delivery and service charges listed above apply.
- All Richters seed packets are available to commercial retailers at a trade discount of 40%. Minimum seed packet order: 10 packets per variety, 100 packets total.
- Potted plants are available to retailers at our standard "3 or more" and "12 or more" prices.
- PotMaker (#T3900) is offered at a discount when purchased by the case or by the display pack.
- All other items, including bulk seeds, plug packs, plug trays, books, dried herbs etc., are sold at net list prices only.
- All above described handling, shipping and service charges do not apply; instead shipping and packing will be charged at cost. Specify preferred shipping method.
- Unsold items may not be returned for refund or credit.
- Wholesale orders should be placed with the commercial department at email@example.com or 1-905-640-6677 ext. 211
- Cheque, money order, or credit card payment must accompany order. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
- Growers and retailers may apply for credit after first order. Credit terms to approved accounts are net 30 days from the invoice date, and 2% interest per month on overdue balances. Click here to download a credit application.
- International customers may pay by bank or wire transfer; please click here for instructions.